Sunday, May 25, 2008

Going, Going...









Alright, so it's begun. I'm sitting in the Memphis airport (for the 5th hour) waiting to catch my plane to Amsterdam, and then it's on to Geneva. Everyone keeps asking if I'm nervous or excited or sad or all of them. I guess I am. I was freaked out a week ago; in the last few days I've moved back toward really excited; now I'm both and neither. Really, I've gone into efficiency mode and I'm just focused on getting there. Add to that the fact that I've contracted some weird allergy or disease in the last 24 hours, so my head and stomach aren't feeling great--makes it difficult to have deep, life-altering thoughts about this next step in my life. Right now, I'm focused on getting there, and then on getting over what is sure to be an initially awkward couple of weeks before I get comfortable. Once all of that stuff is over, I'll be able to focus on building some kind of real life there and having super cool experiences. I'll let y'all know what's going on until then, and after. Bye for now.   

PS: the pictures are, in order, my happy face, sad face, excited face and sick face...just to give you a visual...and yes, people were looking at me while I took weird pictures of myself

5 comments:

Chris McMillan said...

Where's your Amanda face?

Suzy said...

I loooove the blog. I feel so connected. :) I agree with Chris, where are your Amanda faces? :) Miss ya!

The Favorite said...

Wow...you're pretty.

David Ben said...

Not gonna lie, those faces are TERRIFYING.

Miss you tons and tons!

Love you!
-d-

David Ben said...

Oh and I think the last face is the Amanda face... ;-)